Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Network / File Shares
Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Windows OS
Wireless configuration for Windows 8
This document discusses wireless configuration for Windows 8 This article explains how to manually set up your Windows 8 device to use the 'Eduroam' authenticated wireless network.
1. From the Start screen, go to your Desktop.
2. Tap or click the wireless icon in the bottom, right corner of your desktop.
3. Click Eduroam option and then click the Connect button. Be sure the 'Connect Automatically' checkbox is checked so your device reconnects to the network in the future. If you do not see any networks available, be sure that Airplane Mode is turned off. Also, make sure you are in an area on campus where Wi-Fi is available.
4. The device will now prompt you to enter your credentials. Enter your full UWGB email address (username + "@uwgb.edu) and password to authenticate. Click OK
5. Click 'Connect' to accept the authentication certificate
6. You should now be connected to the Eduroam network. Open your browser to access the web.
Please stop by the Help Desk if you have any questions or need help. You can call also call us at 920-465-2309. Our normal business hours are M-F 8am-4:30pm