Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Accounts
Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Home Use Software
Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Network / File Shares
Applying Advanced Permissions to folders on GBShare
This document covers how to adjust and modify folder permissions on GBShare.
Scenario: Some folders within the share can be seen but not others.
In the following example we have a share with the Committees folder called TEST. TEST contains 3 folders. The administrators of the share wantmost users to ONLY have access to 2 folders; the users will NOT have access to the folder called "Applicants".
1. Navigate to the root folder\committee\test and then select the Manage icon. Select Permissions.
2. Select theAdvanced Permissions tab; then click on Add User/Group and add the user\s. Click on Next.
3. After adding the user, uncheck theInherit Read box. Then change the radio button to "Apply the changed permissions to this folder only." Click on Finish.
4. The Advanced Permissions tab should look like this for those people who will have access to some folders within TEST but not others. Click onExit.
5. Permissions can now be added folder-by- folder (within TEST) to grant READ (or READ\WRITE) access to the specific folders we WANT the user to see. Presently, the user has ‘permission’ to TEST, but cannot see ANY folders.
6. The example below will grant READ permission to the folder "Qualified". Navigate to the root of your folder. (Committee>Test). Right-click on the folder Qualified, select Manage, Permissions.
Click on theAdvanced Permissions tab; click on Add User/Group and find the user. Click on Next.
The example below has added Laundrie, Bonnie withREAD permissions to all sub-folders and files within this folder. (This is pretty standard.) Click on Finish.
Here the Permissions have been set for the "Qualified" folder within the root folder, TEST.