Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Applications
Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Email
Sharing your calendar in Outlook 2016
You can share your Exchange calendar in Outlook 2016 so others can see your calendar events
Before You Begin
You can share your Exchange calendar in Outlook 2016. When you share your calendar with someone, that person can open your calendar and view it. You can also give permission to create and edit events.
The instructions below explain how to share your Exchange calendar and grant basic permissions to view calendar events. When you share your calendar, you can decide what level of calendar details you want to allow others to see. The people with whom you share your calendar will not have permissions to create or edit events on your calendar. .
Sharing Your Calendar
To share your calendar in Outlook 2016, do the following:
- Open Outlook 2016.
- Select Calendar to display calendars.
- Click Calendar Permission on the ribbon bar.
- Click the Add... button, and enter the last name of the person with whom you'd like to share your calendar.
- Select the person's name from the list and click the Add -> button, then click ok.
- Repeat this step to add additional people.
- Click OK.
- Select the permission level desired. This generally is either free/busy or full details. Full details will allow the person with whom you're sharing your calendar to see all details of your calendar, except for events marked private.