Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk
Cannot sign into D2L (D2L troubleshooting page)
This document provides D2L troubleshooting information
- are enrolled in an online course or face-to-face course that uses D2L
- If you are not enrolled in any active D2L courses, you may not be able to access D2L
- If you just enrolled in a course, it may not show up for some time due to the D2L enrollment process. More info here: https://uknowit.uwgb.edu/page.php?id=51747
- In most cases, students will not be able to access their course before the course begins or after it ends
- If so, log in with the green button.
- Use your NetID username and password to log in (same as email and SIS)
- Test your NetID with email or SIS to verify your password has not expired (view https://uknowit.uwgb.edu/page.php?id=22429 for more information)
- If your NetID contains a space or spaces, you will need to re-set it before it works to log in to D2L
- If not, you may need to log in with the red button.
- If you log in with the red button, you should have received separate login instructions.
UW-Green Bay account D2L passwords are the same as network, email, SIS, and eReserve passwords. D2L passwords are synchronized with network passwords. Changes made to network passwords automatically change D2L passwords.
- D2L support staff post outages via Twitter to a feed on the D2L login page.
- If the login page itself is unavailable, view the tweets at https://twitter.com/uwgblearntech
- If you suspect an outage after troubleshooting based on the information above, please contact the CIT Help Desk.
Please provide as much information as possible including:
- Your username
- Your status (student, faculty, or staff)
- Student ID number if applicable
- Where you are trying to log in and for which course(s)
- The last time you were able to access D2L
- Any additional login instructions you were given
- Whether or not you can access email/SIS.
- DO NOT EMAIL YOUR PASSWORD!