Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Macintosh
Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Printing
Ricoh Printers on a Mac Workstation
This document covers how to add a Ricoh printer to a Mac Workstation on campus.
- Add the printer
- Navigate to the apple symbol in the top left of the screen. Click it and choose system preferences.
- Once in system preferences select Print & Fax from list of options.
- After System Preferences loads the Print & Fax window, click on the plus symbol located at the bottom left of the white column. If you already have printers mapped to your computer then the white column will not be blank but instead display your other, already mapped printers.
- A new window should open listing Default, Fax, IP, and Windows across the top of the window. Select IP and in the Address line enter the IP address of the printer you are trying to connect to and in the Name line type in the name of the printer.
- Note, all printer queues and IP addresses are on \\fpsa\compserv$\Network\queues.xls - below is a small subset of commonly used Ricohs
|Com Sciences||184.108.40.206||CSRIC207||MP C4502||Driver|
|Com Sciences||220.127.116.11||CSRIC108||MP C4502||Driver|
|Art/Visual Design||18.104.22.168||AVRIC3027||MP 2852 SP||Driver|
|Human Bio||22.214.171.124||HBRIC218||MP C4503||Driver|
- If after you search for your model and you can only find the Gutenprint driver or less, you will need to download the latest driver for your Mac from the Ricoh Website. The table above has the links listed in the driver column.
- Once you have downloaded the correct file for your version of OS X: Double-click the file to mount it. Select the installer package inside and run it. Follow the onscreen prompts to install the drivers.
- Enter campus username for "User ID"
- Check the box to "Enable User code" and enter code
- Configure color presest