Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Macintosh
Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Network / File Shares
Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Resnet
Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Windows OS
Finding Mac Address
This will show you how to find the MAC Address on your computer
Finding your MAC Address on a PC (Windows 7)
1. Click on the start menu or hit (Windows + R) on your keyboard.
2.Type in cmd and hit enter or click open. Below is what the results should resemble once the command prompt has opened.
3. In the command prompt type in ipconfig /all as shown below.
4. Hit enter then look for the heading called Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection.
5. Under this category look for the Physical Address. This is your Wired MAC Address.
6. Now look for the heading that is called Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection.
7. Under this category look for the Physical Address. This is your Wireless MAC Address.
Finding your hardware address (MAC Address) on a Mac
1. Click on System Preferences on your doc or navigate to the Apple and select System Preferences
2. Next, navigate to the Network icon and once its opened check to see the Ethernet tab is selected.
3. From the Ethernet tab click the advanced button.
4. Now navigate to the Hardware Tab. Your Wired MAC Address will be listed here.
5. Now negative to the Wifi tab and select the Advanced button.
6.Now negative to the Hardware tab. Your Wireless MAC address will be listed here.