Topics Map > Instructional Technology > D2L
Embed a PowerPoint in D2L
To embed a powerpoint into d2l:
- Upload your PowerPoint file to OneDrive (access OneDrive at portal.microsoftonline.com and sign in with your UWGB credentials)
- View your PowerPoint in OneDrive
- Click the menu button in the upper right and select "Embed"
- Choose the 962x565 (or similar) size
- Copy the text in the Embed Code box
- Navigate to D2L content, Select New and Create a File. Provide a title as normal.
NOTE: this can also be done anywhere D2L has a rich text editor, e.g. Discussions, News, and Locker files.
- In the body of the new file click "Insert Stuff"
- Choose Enter Embed Code on the left-hand menu
- Paste the embed code in the box provided
- OPTIONAL: Find where the embed code says width='962px' or similar. Replace the 962px with 100% being sure to keep the quotes. (This just makes the powerpoint look and behave a little better in the frame in D2L)
- Click Next
- If asked, check "Always trust this URL" and click Allow.
- Preview your PowerPoint and click Insert
- Click Publish (at this stage you would click "Post" if creating a discussion, etc.)
Selecting the embed option in OneDrive
Selecting the size and copying the embed code
Creating the file in D2L
The insert stuff button
Selecting "Enter Embed Code," Pasting code, and adjusting "width" to 100%, click Next
Allowing if asked