Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Applications
Installing applications using the Software Center in Windows (Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Acrobat Professional)
CIT has made several software packages available for self service installation on campus owned workstations. These programs are available through a service known as the Software Center.
This document describes how to use the Software Center on campus workstations to install campus licensed applications
Please note, applications such as Adobe Creative Cloud Suite are very large and can take up to 2 hours to install. During the installation, your computer may be very sluggish. We highly recommend installing this application at the end of your work day so it does not impact your work.
To install this software:
1. Click on your start button and type in Software Center. This will result in the application showing up in your search and then you can click on it:
2. In the upper right corner of the Software Center, click link that says "Find additional applications from the Application Catalog":
3. This will open up Internet Explorer and ask you to provide credentials to log in. Enter your campus username and password:
4. You will now see a list of available software in the Application Catalog. Select the application you would like to install and click the Green install button in the lower right corner:
5. You will get a confirmation screen asking if you are sure you want to install. Note: Some applications, such as Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, can take 2 hours to install during which time your machine will be sluggish. You may want to perform the install at the end of the day so it can install overnight:
6. You will then get a notice the application installation has started. At this point, you can close the Internet Explorer window which will bring you back to the Software Center:
7. Back in Software Center, if you go to Installation Status, you will see the status of your installations. Once the status changes to Installed, the application is ready to use:
If you encounter any issues, please contact the Help Desk