Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk
Topics Map > Instructional Technology > D2L
Printing content items in D2L
This document describes how to print a content item from D2L.
- Navigate to Content
- Open the content item you would like to print
- Is this a D2L / HTML file?
- If yes: a print button will be available at the bottom of the content window. If this button is there, use it to print a copy of the file.
- If no (PDF, PowerPoint, etc.) you will need to download a copy and print it. Click the Download button at the bottom of the content window.*
Once downloaded, open your file with the appropriate application (Adobe Reader, PowerPoint, etc.) to print it (usually by clicking File and Print in the menu).
*If downloading a D2L file, follow the steps to download a file according to your browser. Some things you may need to do to download a file:
- Confirm you trust and would like to "download" or "save" a file.
- Many times "download" will send the file to a default location (a Downloads folder) and "save" will allow you to choose a location (like your desktop)
- In some browsers you can select an option to "open" a file directly (it will download it to a temporary location and open it so you can print it)
- Select a file location
- Allow your browser to check the security of a file
- Wait for the file to download (larger files take longer)