Topics Map > Instructional Technology > D2L
Add a Widget to a D2L Course Homepage
To add widgets to your homepage:
Change to a copy the default homepage
- Choose Edit Course from the navbar
- Click Homepages
- Verify that you are not already using a copied homepage (by looking under the Active Homepage dropdown. If you are already using "Course Default - Copy," advance to "adding a widget to your copied homepage")
- Click the dropdown next to "Course Default" and choose "Copy"
- A blue link will appear in the homepages list called "Course Default - Copy"
- Select "Course Default - Copy" from the Active Homepage dropdown and click apply.
Adding a widget to your copied homepage
After changing to a copy of the default homepage
- Navigate to Edit Course > Widgets (if not there already)
- Click the blue "Course Default - Copy" link (there should also be a green checkmark to the right which says "Active")
- Click the "Change Layout" button to select a new layout for your course (if desired). Select the layout you would like and click "Update"
- Click any of the "Add Widgets" buttons to add widgets to the corresponding sections. Check the boxes to select the widgets you would like to add and click "Add"