Topics Map > Instructional Technology > D2L
Dropbox Overview in D2L
This document provides an overview of the dropbox tool in D2L.
The Dropbox tool allows students to upload electronic versions of their assignments. The dropbox can be used to replace mail, email, fax, or hand delivery of assignments. You can set up separate dropboxes for each assignment and have separate dropboxes for group work. Once the assignments are submitted you can download them to view them.
Features of the dropbox
- Tool for students to submit assignments (replacing emailing, hard copies, etc.)
- Set time and date restrictions on dropbox assignments
- Centralized location of student assignment submissions
- Single student or group dropboxes available (see the Groups section of this course for more info)
- Originality checking can be enabled to compare student submissions to other students, journals, internet sources, and other publications
- Instructors can grade assignments and leave feedback right in the dropbox tool
- Dropbox assignments can be linked to the D2L grade book
- Rubrics can be assigned to dropboxes (see the Rubrics section of this course for more info)
- Within the dropbox tool, individual dropboxes can be separately into "Categories" for easier management
Accessing the dropbox
- Logon to D2L and select your course.
- Click on Dropbox in the navigation bar.