Enabling Turnitin (Orginality Checking) within a D2L Dropbox Folder
This document describes how to enable Turnitin within a D2L dropbox folder.
You can enable TurnItIn (Originality checking) when creating a dropbox, or you can do so by editing the dropbox. If you're familiar with editing and creating dropboxes, skip to step 3.
1. To edit a dropbox, do the following:
- Click on Dropbox in the navigation bar.
- Click the drop-down arrow and then Edit for the folder that you want to edit.
2. To create a dropbox, do the following:
- Click on Dropbox in the navigation bar
- Click on New Folder.
3. To enable TurnItIn originality checking:1. Check the box under your dropbox folder's name
2. Once the box is checked to enable originality checking for the folder, new options will appear near the bottom of the Edit Folder screen. Scroll down the page to the bottom and click on "Show Advanced Originality Options" to expand the section.
frequency: You can have dropbox folder submissions automatically submitted for originality checking, or manually submit them ("Identify individual..." option). If your students will be submitting multiple versions of the same document to the same dropbox, it would be best to choose "Identify individual..." because submissions following the first will turn up false positives as they're most likely being compared to the student's original submission (depends on "Index files..." option).
3. Select your originality checking options and remember to Save any changes to the dropbox folder.