Turnitin Overview for Dropboxes in D2L
Screenshot of the overview of Turnitin.
- Navigate to Dropbox in the course navbar.
- If the dropbox folder doesn't exist yet, click on New Folder and go about creating the dropbox folder. If the dropbox folder already exists, click on the folder menu and select Edit.
- From the New Folder/Edit screen, click on the Turnitin tab.
- To enable Turnitin, check the appropriate box from the Turnitin tab.
- If you'd like students to see their originality score in D2L, make sure to check Allow learners to see Turnitin similarity scores in their dropbox folder.
- You can choose to automatically release GradeMark comments on a specific time and date via the appropriate fields at the bottom of the Turnitin tab.
- The More Options for this folder allows you to modify settings within Turnitin. Changes to the Instructions and Due Date fields within More Options will not be reflected in D2L. Set these fields within the D2L dropbox settings. The Optional Settings with the More Options windows contains many settings you may want to modify.
The default settings if for Originality Checking to automatically run. Originality is indicated by colors and percentage of work also existing in other sources.
Blue: 0% to <20%
Green: 20% to <40%
Yellow: 40% to <60%
Orange: 60% to <80%
Red: 80% to 100%
Clicking the colored box next to a submission will open the Originality Report.
GradeMark document mark-up can be used once Originality Checking is enabled. Access GradeMark through the Originality Report.