Create a Quiz in D2L
Overview of how to create a quiz in D2L, instructor
- Click on Quizzes in the navigation bar.
- Click the New Quiz button to create a new quiz or click on the name of the quiz that you want to edit.
- Type in a name for your quiz in the Name field.
- You may want to assign your quiz to a Category if any exist.
- To have the quiz be linked to the gradebook, select the item from the Grade Item drop-down list or create a new grade item by clicking on the add grade item link.
- Select the box next to Auto Export to Grades so the system can send auto-graded attempt scores directly to the gradebook. You will need to have the quiz linked to a grade item.
- Select the box next to Automatic Grade to allow the quiz attempt grade to be seen right away after the student completed and submitted the quiz.
- Optional Advanced Properties:
- Select the box next to Hints to enable question hints. The actual hints are set up within each question.
- Enter in an email address in the Notification Email field if you want to be notified when a student completes a quiz attempt.
- Select the box next to Disable Right-Click and Disable Pager Access to prevent the students from being able to utilize the features when taking a quiz.
- Click on the Expand Messages link if Description and Introduction text boxes are not shown. The Description is what’s displayed to students prior to quiz availability.
The Introduction is what’s displayed once a student begins a quiz. Enter one or both if desired and click the on radio button above each text box.
- You can enter a page header or footer. If the text boxes are not displayed, click on the Expand Page Header/Footer link.
- Click the Save Quiz button.