Topics Map > Instructional Technology > D2L
Changing the Wording of a Quiz Question in D2L
This document discusses how to change the wording of a quiz question in D2L.
If you wish only to change the wording of a question or any of its response options (i.e., nothing needs to be re-scored ), follow these steps:
- Click on the Quizzes tool in the course navigation bar
- Click on the name of the quiz you wish to edit
(alternatively, you could access the question through the Question Library )
- Click on Add/Edit Questions
- If your questions are broken down under Headings, click on the relevant heading
- Click on the question name of the question you wish to edit, or click on the drop-down arrow next to the name and select Edit
- Make your textual change to the question or any of the response options and click on the Save button
Your changes have now been made and saved. However, there are a few important things to note:
Make sure that the question has been correctly
changed in all locations in which it is used
For example, you might have gone into a specific quiz to edit a question, but a copy of that particular question may also exist in the Question Library. Sometimes D2L will identify copies of a question that exist elsewhere and alert you to them, asking if you wish to change all copies of that question. For unknown reasons, however, D2L is not always able to do this, so it is important that you manually verify that all copies of a question are appropriately edited.
Students who took the quiz before you edited the
question will NOT see the changes you make
In other words, if they have access to the quiz questions and answers after completion of the quiz (i.e., you have released the quiz report), these students will see the question only in the format in which it was presented when they took the quiz (not the edited, updated format). Only those students who take the quiz after you edit the question will see the edited, updated version of the question.