Calculating Final Grades in D2L
This document illustrates how to calculate final grades in D2L.
Calculating Final Grades
If your grade book is not set to automatically keep the final grade score updated, you will need to enter the grade book and calculate the final grade for your students. Do the following:
1. From within your course, click on Grades
2. From either the Calculated Final Grade or Adjusted Final Grade, click on the drop-down arrow and select Grade All
Click on the drop-down arrow next to the heading Final Grades, at the top of the screen, and choose Recalculate All.
4. Choose Final Calculated Grade and click Calculate
5. Click on the blue Save button at the bottom of the screen. All of your students will now have a Final Calculated Grade.
Automatically keeping Final Scores Up-To-Date
If you prefer, you can have D2L automatically update the final calculated grade automatically each time a change is made to the grade book.
1. From within your class, click on the Grades link in the navbar.
2. Click on the Settings link in the upper-right corner
3. Click on the Calculation Options tab.
4. Near the bottom of the Calculation Options screen, click on the box next to Automatically keep final grades updated to enable the feature.
5. Click on the blue Save button
All of your Final Calculated grades will now be up-to-date. Any changes to the grade book will be reflected in the Final Calculated Grade.