These instructions explain how to install software from the application/software catalog. Software like Adobe Creative Cloud, ArcGIS SPSS, etc., may be installed following this document.
Please note: If you log off or shut down your computer while the application is installing, the application may fail to install correctly. For long installations like SAS and Adobe Creative Cloud, start the install before leaving for the day and lock your computer. Do this anytime you may need to leave your computer for an extended period of time.
Software updates can also be found in the application catalog/Software Center.
How to Install Software from the Catalog:
1) Go to the start menu and search for "Software Center" and select it to open up Software Center where we will get to the application catalog, which called "Software Center."
2) When Software Center opens, the applications tab on the left should be selected. If it is not select it, and there will be all of the available software for you to download.
4) Scroll though the options or use the search bar to find the software that you would like to install.
5) Once you find the software that you want, click on it and then click on the install button.
6) You can then click on the "Installation Status" tab on the left to see the progress of the installation.
7) Once it has finished, the status will change to "installed" if it has installed successfully.
You may need to restart your machine after install depending on the software.
If the application fails to install or you receive any other error messages using the Application Catalog, please contact the help desk by phone or email at (920)465-2309 or firstname.lastname@example.org respectively.