Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk
These instructions explain how to install software from the application catalog. Software like Adobe Creative Cloud, ArcGIS SPSS, etc. may be installed following this document.
How to download software from the application catalog.
Please note: If you log off your computer while the application is installing the application may fail to install correctly.
- Lock your computer if you need to move away from your computer for an extended period of time during an install.
- For long installations like SAS and Adobe Creative Cloud, start the install before leaving for the day and lock your computer.
2) When Software Center opens, click on "Find additional applications from the Application Catalog" found underneath the search option. This is found in the top right corner of the window.
3) Enter your UWGB credentials. It must be the same credentials as the user logged in into the computer. If it isn't, the application will fail to install.
4) Select the software you wish to install from the Application Catalog and click "Install". Software may be searched for in the search option as well.
5) Click "Yes" when it asks you if you're sure you want to install the selected software.
6) Navigate back to Software Center. Go to the Installation Status tab to check the status of the installation. When it's finished it will say "Installed".
If the application fails to install or you receive any other error messages using the Application Catalog, please contact the help desk by phone or email at (920)465-2309 or firstname.lastname@example.org respectively.