Software Center - Installation
This document details how to install software from Software Center. Software like Adobe Creative Cloud, ArcGIS, SPSS, etc., may be installed following these instructions.
***NOTE: If you log off or shut down your computer while the application is installing, the application may fail to install correctly. For long installations like SAS and Adobe Creative Cloud, start the install before leaving for the day and lock your computer. Do this anytime you may need to leave your computer for an extended period of time.***
***NOTE: Software updates can also be found in the application catalog/Software Center.***
How to Install Software from Software Center
1. Navigate to the Start Menu and search for "Software Center." Select "Enter."
2. When Software Center opens, the applications tab on the left should be selected. All of the software available for download is listed under Applications.
3. Navigate though the options or use the search bar to find the software you would like to install.
4. Once you find the software that you want, select it, then select "Install."
5. Select the "Installation Status" tab on the left to see the progress of the installation.
6. Once it has finished, the status will change to "Installed" if it has installed successfully.
***NOTE: You may need to restart your machine after the install depending on the software.***
***NOTE: If the application fails to install or you receive any other error messages using the Software Center, please contact the GBIT Service Desk at (920) 465-2309 or email@example.com.***