Home Use - Install Office 2016 on a Windows Computer
Your UWGB Office 365 account allows you to download the full version of Office 2016 to your personal computer. The software license will only be valid/legal for as long as you have the UWGB account.
Follow these steps to install Office 2016 to your home Windows Computer.
1. Sign into Office 365 using the portal: https://portal.microsoftonline.com Be sure to use your full email address. Password is keyed in next step.
2. Continue the UWGB Office 365 sign-in. Key in your email address and password.
3. From within Office 365, locate the 'gear' icon in the upper right of the window; click on Office 365 settings.
4. Select "Install Status" from the menu. If you've installed Office 2016 already, it will list the device. Select "Install desktop applications".
5. Keep the choice of the recommended "32-bit" regardless of your Operating System. Click "Install".
6. The file will begin to download. Be patient; this is a large file download and a timely install.
7. After downloading, click on the downloaded file and select OPEN. (and 'allow the changes to your computer' when prompted.)