Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Mac
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Remote Support
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications > Microsoft Office
Office - Installing Office 365 on a Mac
***NOTE: This installation method is only for personal computers. Office should only be installed on a UWGB machine through Self Service.***
1. Sign into Office 365 using the portal: https://portal.microsoftonline.com. Be sure to use your full UWGB email address. You do not have to enter your password at this step.
2. Once you enter your UWGB email, you will be taken to UWGB's sign-on screen. Enter your password here.
***NOTE: Faculty/Staff will have to authenticate with Duo.***
3. Once you sign in, it will bring you to a page with a list of apps. Select "Install Office" on the upper-right corner.
4. Select "Office 365 apps" from the drop-down menu.
5. If it asks whether you want to allow downloads, select "Allow."
6. Office will begin to download. You can see the progress on the bottom right of your screen.
7. Once the download is complete, the icon will look like this.
8. Select the icon and then select the Microsoft Office Installer.
9. Follow the instructions to install Office 365. Select "Continue."
10. Select "Continue."
11. Select "Agree."
12. Select "Install."
13. Enter your Mac's local password.
14. Select "Close."
15. If you get a screen that asks if you want to put the installer in the Trash, select "Move to Trash."
16. When the installation has completed, open Word, PowerPoint, or Excel to register your software. We use PowerPoint in the following example. Select "Get Started."
17. Select "Sign In." Use your UWGB Credentials to log in.
18. Select "Start Using PowerPoint."
***NOTE: You will now be logged into all Office 365 apps on this device.***
1. In Word, PowerPoint, or Excel, navigate to Help from the Menu Bar.
2. Select "Check for Updates."
***NOTE: If Office finds any updates, install them. It is a good idea to have Office automatically check for updates.***