Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Mac
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications > Microsoft Office
Office - Installing Office 365 on a Mac
This document outlines how to install the Microsoft applications on a Mac.
Office - Licensing for Office 365 (Students)
Office - Microsoft Office 365 Faculty, Staff, and Students Login
This installation method is only for personal computers. Office should only be installed on a UWGB machine through Self Service.
1. Sign into Office 365 using the portal: https://portal.microsoftonline.com Be sure to use your full UWGB email address. You do not have to enter your password at this step.
2. Once you enter your UWGB email, you will be taken to UWGB's sign-on screen. Enter your password here. Note: Faculty/Staff will have to authenticate with Duo.
3. Once you sign in, it will bring you to a page with a list of app. Select Install Office on the upper right.
4. If it ask if you want to allow downloads, select Allow.
5. Office will begin to Download. You can see the progress on the bottom right of your screen.
6. Once the download in complete, the icon will look like this.
7. Select the icon when complete and then click on the Microsoft Office Installer.
8. Follow the on screen instructions to install Office 365. Enter your Mac's local password when prompted.
9. If you get a screen that asks if you want to put the installer in the Trash, press Move to Trash.
10. When the installation has completed, open Word, PowerPoint, or Excel to register your software. You will use your UWGB credentials.
In Word, PowerPoint, or Excel, navigate to Help from the Menu Bar. Once there, select Check for Updates.
If Office finds any updates, install them. It is a good idea to have Office automatically check for updates.