Topics Map > Instructional Technology > D2L
Topics Map > Instructional Technology > Lecture Capture
Using My Media and Kaltura to Create a Webcam Recording in D2L
NOTE: This is the OLD process of creating a webcam recording and may not work in all browsers for all users. For the NEW method, please use CaptureSpace Lite.
The My Media function of Kaltura allows instructors to create a webcam recording and embed it in D2L anywhere there is a rich text editor - a tool bar with many buttons and features.
1) Select the rich text editor where you would like to enter a webcam recording.
2) Select "Insert Stuff."
3) Click on the "My Media" button in the left-hand navigation menu.
4) Choose "webcam recording" from the "Add New" dropdown menu.
5) Click "Allow" to enable Flash to work and record your video.
6) When you are ready, press "Record." (Note: you will not receive a countdown. The video will record right away.)
7) When you are finished dropping knowledge, press "Done."
8) Press "Play" and preview your video. If you are satisfied, press "Next". (If you decide you do not want this video, this is your last chance to delete it. Just press "Cancel" and the video will be gone and you can record another one. Once you select Next, you cannot delete the video.
9) Give your video a name and any metadata you would like. (Metadata helps with searching.)
10) Press "Insert" and Kaltura will place the video in the rich text editor where you started.