Topics Map > Instructional Technology > D2L
Topics Map > Instructional Technology > Lecture Capture
Using My Media and Kaltura to Upload a Video to D2L
There is now another way to upload media to Kaltura. For information about uploading media via the new platform, click HERE.
This document describes how to use My Media to upload a video into D2L.
The My Media feature allows instructors to upload most standard video file types (wmv, mp4, wov) and converts them to a Kaltura video that is integrated into D2L. This way students should not have problems playing your video. This process is similar to adding an attachment to an email.
1) Anywhere there is a rich text editor - a toolbar with many buttons and features - is a place where an instructor may upload a video.
2) Press the "Insert Stuff" button from the tool bar.
3) Select "My Media" from the left-hand navigation menu
4) Choose "Media Upload" from the dropdown menu
5) Press "Choose a File to Upload" and browse to the video on your computer in the same way you would attach a document to an email.
6) Give your video a name and enter any metadata you would like to assist with future searches.
7) Press "Insert" and you are done. The video will upload to the text editor where you started.