Topics Map > Instructional Technology > D2L
Grading and Assessing Discussions in D2L Version 10.3
With the absence of "grid view" in D2L 10.3, many instructors have had to change their grading procedure against their will. Here is a method for grading student posts that is not too onerous.
This document describes how to grade discussions in D2L version 10.3.
1. select the topic you would like to grade and choose "edit topic" from the dropdown menu at the right.
2. choose the "Assessment Tab" and select an item from the gradebook to tie the discussion to and enter the "out of" score in the appropriate box.
3. After you click "save and close" you will be back at the main discussion page. Now, when you go to the dropdown menu next to the name of the topic you are grading, you will see "Assess Topic" as an option. Choose "Assess Topic."
4. Now, you will see a list of students with "Topic Score" after their names. Click "Topic Score" to pull up a list of all posts written by the student for the topic.
5. You can read all the posts authored by the student; leave feedback; and enter a score.
6. You may either publish the scores to the gradebook as you go, or you may publish all the grades at once. To do this, place a check in the box that says "publish to grades."
7. Once you have published the grades, you are done. Here is what your students will see from their perspective.