Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Applications
OneDrive-UWGB Best Practices
Best Practices for using OneDrive-UWGB on campus computers.
- Most common files types can be stored on OneDrive-UWGB. Also see this document for additional information: UWGB Document Storage Best Practices
- The online web applications are the best method when collaborating on team projects and\or group assignments for classes. Real-time changes are easily seen in this online environment.
- The recommended browser is Internet Explorer, Version 11. Firefox and Chrome also work well in Windows and for Macintosh users.
- When sharing documents, it is best when the original owner of a document does the sharing. (for example: Incorrect sharing would be for Kaitlyn to share her file called “team.doc” with Ashley and then have Ashley share the document with Philip. Correct sharing would be for Kaitlyn to share the file with both Ashley and Philip.)
- It is best to create a project folder (for current and future files pertaining to a project) and then share the folder. This is a better practice than sharing on a file by file basis.
- Phones are best used for viewing only.
- Use "Alerts" if you want to determine when a document is changed. (log into the portal to set Alerts).
- OneNote has a web app but collaboration is very difficult using this; best practice is to use the full, desktop version of OneNote.