Topics Map > Instructional Technology > D2L
Topics Map > Instructional Technology > Lecture Capture
Viewing an Archived Online Room in D2L
1) Select the online rooms tab in your navigation bar.
This document describes how to view an archived online room in D2L.
2) Select "view archives" from the dropdown menu next to the room you are interested in viewing.
3) Click on the room again.
4) Your browser will prompt you to save the .jnlp file. This is what launches the online room. Despite the warning from your browser, this file is safe. So save it and, once it is saved, open it up. This view is from Google Chrome, so it will look slightly different in Firefox, Explorer, or Safari. Nonetheless, the basic idea is the same. You want to save the session to your downloads - just as you would an email attachment - and then open up the file.
5) Once java has started, click run. (Again, despite the warning.)
6) Now you are in your archived session.