Topics Map > Instructional Technology > D2L
Viewing, Downloading, and Printing a Coursefile in D2L
This document explains how to view, download and print a coursefile in D2L.
Printing a File from Content
1. To print a file from Content, first open the file you would like to print. From there an in-window preview box will display your file.
2. In order to print a document stored on D2L, you’ll have to download it first. On the bottom right side of the preview box is a download button. Click on it, then click Save File.
Note: Some file formats, such as PDF’s allow for one-click print options. Not all file formats allow for this action to take place so we advise downloading the file first.
1. After your file has been successfully downloaded, open the corresponding program and use the print features within that program. Example: Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
Downloading a file from Content
1. To download a file from Content, navigate to the file. Click on the small downward facing arrow next to the file name.
Two options will appear. View Topic and
Download. Click Download. Then Save File.
Viewing as Text or as a Page
1. With D2L 10.3, it is possible to view documents such as a Microsoft Word document as plain text. Essentially, this means viewing text on a page like you would a news article, instead of viewing a snapshot of the file.
To view the document as text, open a file under Content in D2L, at the bottom right of the preview box is a button that says View as Text.
1. To switch views back to the default, navigate to the same location as the View as Text button. This time, it will say View as Page.