Uploading a Document to the Content Section of D2L
1. Navigate to the "Content" section of your D2L course.
This document describes how to upload a document into the content section of D2L. Instructors may wish to upload documents (PDFs, Word Documents, etc.), PowerPoints, Images, or other content for students to access.
2. Select the module where you would like to place the document.
||Tip: If no module exists, you may create one by typing in the name of the module in the box on the left-hand side of the screen underneath the Table of Contents. After typing in the name of the module, press "enter" on your keyboard and you will create the module.|
3. You have two choices for uploading the document:
A) Drag and Drop
You may drag and drop the document from your computer into the box, which is outlined with dotted lines. Note: this function does not work in the Internet Explorer browser (If you drag and drop the document from your desktop, you are done at this point.)
B) Browse and Upload
Press the blue "New" button and select "upload files" from the dropdown menu. This will allow you to upload a document in a fashion analogous to attaching a document to an email. (To upload files in this way, proceed to step 4)
4. If you chose to upload a file, you should select the blue "New" button. This will open up another box where you may select the document you wish to add to your D2L page.
5. Click on the document you wish to upload; then press "Open"; then press "Add."
6. Now you are done and your document is added to your module.