This article provides an overview of mobile printing on campus.
**Mobile Printing will only be supported until October 15th, 2020**
1. Email your attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Supported file types include Microsoft Office, Open Office, PDF, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, TXT, RTF, and CSV. If you want to print any other kinds of files, you will need to log into a lab computer that has the application you need in order to print.
2. Look for an email from UWGB Mobile Printing.
3. Locate the nearest Kiosk or Printer Release station.
4. Swipe your card and release the print out. You can select to print only the attachment or only the email or both.
Using the Mobile "Print Center" (optional)
To enter the Mobile "Print Center," select the link found in the email message:
Here is an example of what you might see in the Print Center:
Mobile Print Details and Limitations.
The configuration of Mobile Printing continues to be enhanced and modified. Listed below are the current limitations for the system:
- Tabloid printers are not supported in Mobile Print.
- Document Types: Only certain file types are recognized in Mobile Print. These are:
- Microsoft® Word
- Microsoft® Excel
- Microsoft® PowerPoint
- Microsoft® Visio
- Microsoft® Outlook
- Microsoft® Publisher
- Open Docs, Open Office
- Comma Separated Values .csv
- Adobe Portable Document Format .pdf
- Rich Text Format .rtf
- Text files .txt
- Image formats .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .bmp, and .tif
Additional Comments Regarding Mobile Print
- Support for Printing Website Links - Mobile Print 2.0 enables users to print a document simply by emailing a web link to it. This feature works for all supported document types. For example, sending the following link for printing will succeed because PDF is a supported document type. http://www.pharos.com/documents/brochures-EDU/EDU-Pharos-sellsheet.pdf
- On the other hand, emailing the following web link will not be processed for printing because Mobile Print does not support printing HTM/HTML files to keep the environment more secure. http://www.pharos.com/support/downloads/terminals/PS150/PS150-2.2.2-revision-9197-readme.htm
Take note that for this feature to work:
- The hyperlink should be the first line on the email message.
- Only one hyperlink is allowed per email message.
- After 3 hours, your job will no longer be eligible to print.
- Both Pharos Print Center and Mobile Print Web Administrator require web browsers. They have been tested on the following popular web browsers. Due to the number of browsers and how frequently they are updated, it is not possible to test on all of them. Feel free to try other browser versions that are not listed here.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari