Overview of Mobile Printing on Campus
All you need is a Mobile Device and Email to use UWGB Mobile Print.
IMPORTANT: If you print a document to a color printer (even black only jobs), you will be charged for color printing. ($.30 per page). You can always change a color print to a black & white within the print center and then swipe at a black print station to reduce the cost.
2. Look for an email from UWGB Mobile Printing.
3. Locate the nearest Kiosk or Printer Release station.
4. Swipe your card and release the
Using the Mobile "Print Center" (optional)
To enter the Mobile "Print Center" click on the link found in the email message:
Only use the Mobile Print Center if you need to make some adjustments to your print out, for example:
- If you want to change from duplex or single-side printing.
- If you want to switch from Black & White printing to Color or vice versa.
- If you want to print more multiple pages per page.
- Delete a print job. (Unprinted jobs will purge from the Pharos System automatically after several hours.)
Here is an example of what you might see in the Print Center:
Mobile Print Details and Limitations.The configuration of Mobile Printing continues to be enhanced and modified. Listed below, are the current limitations
- Tabloid printers are not supported in Mobile Print.
- Document Types: Only certain file types are recognized in Mobile Print. These are:
- Microsoft® Word
- Microsoft® Excel
- Microsoft® PowerPoint
- Microsoft® Visio
- Microsoft® Outlook
- Microsoft® Publisher
- Open Docs, Open Office
- Comma Separated Values
- Adobe Portable Document Format
- Rich Text Format
- Text files
- Limited HTML support: HTML as part of the email body itself will print; for security
reasons HTMLlinks or attachments are not supported.
- Image formats
. jpg, . jpeg, . gif, . png, . bmp, and . tif
Additional Comments regarding Mobile Print
- Support for Printing Website Links - Mobile Print 2.0 enables users to print a document simply by emailing a web link to it. This feature works for all supported document types. For example, sending the following link for printing will succeed because PDF is a supported document type. http://www.pharos.com/documents/brochures-EDU/EDU-Pharos-sellsheet.pdf
- On the other hand, emailing the following web link will not be processed for printing because Mobile Print does not support printing HTM/HTML files to keep the environment more secure. http://www.pharos.com/support/downloads/terminals/PS150/PS150-2.2.2-revision-9197-readme.htm
Take note that for this feature to work:
- The hyperlink should be the first line
onthe email message.
- Only one hyperlink is allowed per email message.
- After 3 hours, your job will no longer be eligible to print.
- Both Pharos Print Center and Mobile
Print WebAdministrator require web browsers. They have been tested on the following popular web browsers. Due to the number of browsers and how frequently they are updated, it is not possible to test on all of them. Feel free to try other browser versions that are not listed here.
- Internet Explorer 10.0 (Tested IE 11 with no issues to date)
- Mozilla Firefox 27
- Google Chrome 29
- Apple Safari 6.0
- If they just got their ID it might take a day for them to be able to print using it
Any questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org