Overview of Mobile Printing on Campus
All you need is a Mobile Device and Email to use UWGB Mobile Print
1. From your UWGB email the attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Supported file types include Microsoft Office, Open Office, PDF, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, TXT, RTF, and CSV. If you want to print any other kinds of files, you will need to log into a lab computer that has the application you need in order to print.
2. Look for an email from UWGB Mobile Printing.
3. Locate the nearest Kiosk or Printer Release station.
4. Swipe your card and release the
Using the Mobile "Print Center" (optional)
To enter the Mobile "Print Center" click on the link found in the email message:
Only use the Mobile Print Center if you need to make some adjustments to your print out, for example:
- If you want to change from duplex or single-side printing.
- If you want to switch from Black & White printing to Color or vice versa.
- If you want to print more multiple pages per page.
- Delete a print job. (Unprinted jobs will purge from the Pharos System automatically after several hours.)
Here is an example of what you might see in the Print Center:
Mobile Print Details and Limitations.The configuration of Mobile Printing continues to be enhanced and modified. Listed below, are the current limitations
- Tabloid printers are not supported in Mobile Print.
- Document Types: Only certain file types are recognized in Mobile Print. These are:
- Microsoft® Word
- Microsoft® Excel
- Microsoft® PowerPoint
- Microsoft® Visio
- Microsoft® Outlook
- Microsoft® Publisher
- Open Docs, Open Office
- Comma Separated Values
- Adobe Portable Document Format
- Rich Text Format
- Text files
- Image formats
. jpg, . jpeg, . gif, . png, . bmp, and . tif
Additional Comments regarding Mobile Print
- Support for Printing Website Links - Mobile Print 2.0 enables users to print a document simply by emailing a web link to it. This feature works for all supported document types. For example, sending the following link for printing will succeed because PDF is a supported document type. http://www.pharos.com/documents/brochures-EDU/EDU-Pharos-sellsheet.pdf
- On the other hand, emailing the following web link will not be processed for printing because Mobile Print does not support printing HTM/HTML files to keep the environment more secure. http://www.pharos.com/support/downloads/terminals/PS150/PS150-2.2.2-revision-9197-readme.htm
Take note that for this feature to work:
- The hyperlink should be the first line
onthe email message.
- Only one hyperlink is allowed per email message.
- After 3 hours, your job will no longer be eligible to print.
- Both Pharos Print Center and Mobile
Print WebAdministrator require web browsers. They have been tested on the following popular web browsers. Due to the number of browsers and how frequently they are updated, it is not possible to test on all of them. Feel free to try other browser versions that are not listed here.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- If they just got their ID it might take a day for them to be able to print using it.
- If users are having issues with formatting issues with Excel and Powerpoint - print the file to PDF and then email it as margins are set by the printer selection. Since we are not using a printer there is no guarantee how the formatting, text size and margins will print from email.
Any questions? Please email email@example.com