Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services
Computer Inventory: How to Use OneDrive to Enter Computer Inventory Information
This article details how to log into OneDrive and update the Computer Inventory spreadsheets that are shared with departments.
1. Log into Office 365 to access OneDrive. You need to use your full campus email for the username. When you move down to the password line, it will redirect to another login page for you to enter your password.
2. If you do not start on the OneDrive page, click the OneDrive button in the center of the page. There is also a menu button in the upper left corner of Office 365 which has navigation.
3. In order to see the OneDrive files that have been shared with you, click on "Shared with me" from the left menu.
4. There should be an Excel spreadsheet shared that is called Computer Inventory - Department. Click on the name to open it.
5. By default documents open in a read-only view. Click on "Edit Workbook" and select "Edit in Excel Online" to be able to edit the spreadsheet online. By editing online, it ensures that other people can collaborate on the file with you simultaneously. If you edit in Excel, it will lock the file for editing for everyone else until you close it. All changes are automatically saved to documents on OneDrive, so there is no need to click a save button. There will be previous versions kept of all the spreadsheets.
6. Please verify the information is correct.
If you change any information, please change the font color on that cell to red. If you want to change the Replacement Summer, type an apostrophe in front of year (ex: '2016), and it will update the shading for easier viewing.
7. If you want to change the Replacement Computer for any line, simply delete the 1 from a column and put 1 in another column. Pricing should update automatically. If you do not want a computer replaced at all, delete the 1 from the Replacement Computer column and change the Replacement Summer to 'None. If you want to replace a computer set to None, please change the Replacement Summer to the current year (ex: '2015) and add a 1 to the appropriate Computer Replacement column. There is a notes field on the far right for anything important that needs to be shared.
8. The summary of costs are listed under Fiscal Year Cost Summary. This will update automatically.
9. When you are done, you can click the Internet Explorer's Back Arrow to go back to the previous screen. There is no need to save changes, as they are all saved automatically. Then in the upper right you can click on your name and select Sign Out to leave Office 365.
10. Please email Zach Gloshen when you are all done making changes. This allows him to start collecting department inventories prior to the deadline so I can speed up the process.