Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk
How to Access OneDrive for Non-UWGB (External) Users.
These are instructions for Non-UWGB persons who are sent a link from a UWGB OneDrive user.
In order to successfully access a Shared Link you will need ONE of the following:
- A uwgb.edu account.
- A work\school account that is licensed for Office 365. (like @uwsp.edu, @uwec.edu, @uww.edu, @uwrf.edu)
- A Microsoft Account. (like @hotmail.com, @live.com, @outlook.com, @gmail.com)
*Not ALL school accounts are automatically licensed to use OneDrive, the campus must be licensed for Office 365. If your campus or corporation is not licensed for Office 365, you may use an existing Microsoft account that you have or you can create a new one. (FREE at https://www.mail.live.com)
STEPS IN USING THE ONEDRIVE LINK:
1. Open the email message and click on the folder or file link.
2. This is one screen you might see. If you have a school or work account that is licensed for Office 365, you may log in the top section labeled "Sign in with your work or school account":
You might also see this screen (below). Select the choice 1 to login with a Microsoft Account and select choice 2 if your campus account is licensed for Office 365.
3. Otherwise, click on the Link close to the bottom of the page: "Sign in with a Microsoft Account".
You will be redirected to the Microsoft Login screen and after logging in you'll have access to the shared files\folder.
NOTE: If you don't have an existing Microsoft Account, you will need to create one. https://www.mail.live.com
Alternately you can click on the link shown below: "Don't have a Microsoft Account? Sign up Now."
Back to more documentation on OneDrive: OneDrive-UWGB - Get Started Here