Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Windows OS
How to completely delete a print driver in Windows 7
After uninstalling or deleting a printer in Windows, the driver for it is not fully uninstalled. You would like to know how to manually remove the driver files.
- Click the Start menu and in the search field type "print management." (this can also be typed at the desktop in Windows 8).
- On the left side of the Print Management window, select the "All Printers" folder.
- If present, right-click the unwanted printer and choose "Delete."
- On the left side of the Print Management window, select the "All Drivers" folder.
- Right-click the unwanted printer and choose "Remove Driver Package."
Note: Using the "Remove Driver Package" option will clear all driver installation files for that device, leaving no reference to the printer that Windows could possibly use to auto-reinstall again.