Topics Map > Instructional Technology > D2L
Topics Map > Instructional Technology > Lecture Capture
Changing a video that D2L will not accept into one that D2L will accept
This document describes how to turn many video types that D2L will not recognize into an .mp4, which D2L will recognize.
1) Go to your free Kaltura account: https://media.uwgb.edu.
3) Select "Media Upload" after you have logged in
3) Upload your video
4)It will take 5-10 minutes for your video to upload and be re-encoded by Kaltura.
5) Once it is ready, go to “My Media.”
6) Click on "edit" next to the video you would like to download
7) Select "downloads" from the list of options.
8) Select "small" from the list of available formats (if you select "source," you will get your same file back that did not work the first time.)
9) Press "save"
10) Click on "Go To Media"
11) Press download
12) Press download again
13) You will now have a copy of your video which you may upload to D2L.