Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk
Topics Map > Library
Topics Map > Instructional Technology
How to Recover a Kaltura Screen Recording for Mac
If for one reason, or another you were not able to successfully upload your video to Kaltura My Media these are some places to check to see if your movie file was saved locally on your computer.
This document will advise how to see if you can recover a screen recording that was not successfully uploaded to Kaltura My Media in D2L.
- Examples: your internet was interrupted, or you hit the close button while trying to upload your video, and it partially uploaded. If you hit the close button or the (x) before uploading at all then that file doesn't exist anywhere.
Step 1: Open My Finder (the square face)
Step 2: Type: Command + Shift + G (same time)
- This will open the search folders box
- Type: ~/Library/
- Click "Go"
Step 3: Find the Kaltura folder
Step 4: In the Kaltura folder there may be an mp4 file, that is most often called: kaltura.encode.mp4.ns.mp4
- You can save this mp4 to your desktop so you can find it easily, and then from My Media in D2L, upload it as a New Media upload.
Some things to consider:
- This process works most of the time, but if the preview screen/uploading screen is closed out before the uploading or encoding process has started, or partially finished, then that also cancels the temporary file made in these folders.
- Be sure to record somewhere that has a strong internet connection, so that you don't run into these kinds of issues i.e. where the internet is stable, and doesn't lose connectivity, and your upload is delayed or the encoding process is interrupted.