Turning Integration for Instructors
If you choose to use the Turning Classroom Response System (CRS) in your course, you are able to integrate with Canvas to maintain class lists and student scores.
First Steps (Checklist)
- Request a "TurningPoint License Code" along with textbooks for your course.
- Include a section in your syllabus informing students that there is a classroom response system (CRS) component to the course. Students will need to purchase a semester license code from the bookstore if they have not already done so for another course this semester. They will also need to follow the link in Canvas for this course to link their account to Canvas. Both the license AND the link to Canvas are required for the integration to work and thus to get points.
- Add the integration link to your course (see below).
- Remind students that they must purchase a license and complete the steps to register their accounts in Canvas
Adding Turning Point to your Course (Instructor)
Creating the Link:
- Log into Canvas
- Navigate to Home or Modules
- Create a Module or use an existing one
- Click the + button to create an item
- Select External Tool from the drop down menu
- Select TurningPoint from the list of available tools
- Be sure to scroll down within the window to check the box next to Load in a new tab
- Click Add Item
- Remember to Publish the link
Setting up your own account and PowerPoint:
- Click the link and sign in with (or create and sign in with) your instructor account
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Connect on the tile with the course you’d like to use (all of your Canvas courses will appear here).
- Uninstall TurningPoint Cloud and/or TurningPoint 8 from your computer (the Helpdesk can assist you in doing this) these are not the latest version which works best with Canvas.
- Download and install TurningPoint Web for PowerPoint instead. You can download it on your home computer from https://www.turningtechnologies.com/downloads/turningpoint-web/. You can download it on campus from the Software Center.
Turning Technologies provides further support for TurningPoint. You may wish to further review one of the sites below:
Note: UWGB uses TurningPoint but does not use physical clicker devices & receivers.
The old integration with D2L does not work with the new TurningPoint. Instructors will have to manually manage their class lists at https://instructor.turningtechnologies.com and with the PowerPoint integration. Students will still need a license and must sign up with their UWGB email address. It is STRONGLY recommended that instructors wishing to use TurningPoint move their courses to Canvas.