ResponseWare Instructions for Students
Student in Classroom Response courses using Turning Cloud will need to join a ResponseWare session to participate (submit responses).
Create an Account:
Be sure to FIRST create your Turning Account. To do so, purchase your license code from the Phoenix Bookstore and then follow the instructions here:
Signing in to ResponseWare to participate in class (Web Browser):
- Open your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari) and go to https://account.turningtechnologies.com
- Enter your full UWGB email address and sign in with your Turning Account Password (this may be different than your UWGB/D2L password)
- Verify that your account is set up:
- If you do not see a green check verifying your license, you must first click “License,” click “Add a License” and enter the code purchased from the Phoenix Bookstore.
- You DO NOT NEED a green check next to “Device” (But you may have one. This is OK.).
- You should also see a green check verifying your “Learning Management System” (D2L/Brightspace) integration. If you do not, re-log-in to Turning by clicking the Turning Cloud link in your D2L course.
NOTE: If you are on a mobile device, you may see a message which allows you to install an app (so you do not need to go through the web browser). Click Install or View to do so. An app is available on both the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Signing in to ResponseWare to participate in class (Mobile App):
- Follow the Web Browser steps above to install the app if you have not already done so.
- Open the ResponseWare app on your mobile device.
- Enter the Session ID provided in class and click Join Session.
- Sign in with your full UWGB email address and sign in with your Turning Account Password (this may be different than your UWGB/D2L password).
You may not have to sign in if your device remembers your sign-in information.
- Use the User ID provided or enter your Student ID and click Submit.
- You will then see “Please Wait for the Presenter” “Polling Closed” or a question displayed on your device and are connected to the session.
Print or view a copy of these instructions with screenshots here: