Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk
Topics Map > Instructional Technology > D2L
The Office of Information Technology at the University of Colorado Boulder has a very nice step-by-step guide for creating rubrics in D2L. This helpful guide is available at https://oit.colorado.edu/tutorial/d2l-creating-rubric
In addition, here is a quick reference:
- Rubrics are accessed via Edit Course > Rubrics
- Analytic Rubrics* break the rubric into criteria while Holistic Rubrics are based on a single overall assessment
- Rubrics can be scored as Text Only (e.g. poor, good, excellent), Points (each of the criteria share point values for each level), Custom Points* (each of the criteria can have different points for the given levels), or Percentages (holistic only).
- Criteria, levels, and overall feedback are edited by clicking the drop-downs on the row/column headings.
- A rubric must be "published" before it can be used. IMPORTANT: Once a rubric is published it cannot be edited.