Topics Map > Instructional Technology > D2L
5-week Grade Item Creation - D2L
This article contains steps required to make a 5-week grade item in D2L
- Click on Grades
- Click on Manage Grades if you're not on that screen
- Click on the blue New button in your grade book and select Item
- On the New Item screen, select Calculated.
- The new calculated grade item screen is divided into 3 "tabs," Properties, Restrictions, and Objectives. We're only interested in the first tab, Properties, which is selected by default.
- Enter a Name for the calculated grade item (required).
- Select a Grade Scheme for the grade item (optional but recommended). The grade scheme should match the grading scale in your syllabus.
- Identify which grade items should be included (required). Do this by clicking on the relevant check boxes.
- Click Save and Close
By default, your new calculated grade item will appear at the bottom of your Manage Grades list, and at the far-right of your Enter Grades list. It will also appear at the bottom of your students' grade pages. If you'd like to re-order the calculated grade item, do the following:
- From the Grades - Manage Grades screen, click on the More Actions button and select Reorder
- A number is shown for each grade item. The number corresponds to the display order of grade items for you and your students. Find your new calculated grade item at the bottom of the list, and select the number box to reassign the calculated grade item to whichever value you feel it should have in the list. Click Save when you're done.
At this time, it is not possible to export a manually-created "calculated" grade item to SIS. Grade values will need to be keyed manually into SIS.
For information on how to restrict when a grade item is visible, see this document