Upload Existing Media Directly into your D2L Course
To upload pre-recorded content into your D2L course, follow the steps below.
This article describes how to upload pre-recorded content directly into D2L. By using this method, you do not need to navigate outside of D2L, and your recorded content will be available to use across all of your classes.
- Log into D2L and enter the course in which you'd like to upload pre-recorded content.
- Click on Content in the D2L navigation bar.
- Click on the module in Content in which you'd like to add your pre-recorded content.
- Click on the Add Existing Activities button.
- Click on Kaltura My Media in the menu. A small Add Activity window opens.
- Click on the Add New button, then Media Upload
- Click on Choose a file to upload
- Navigate to where the pre-recorded content is stored on your computer. Select the media/video and click on Open.
- Your media/video will begin uploading. When it's complete click on the blue Save button.
- A small message appears saying that your video was saved. Click on the text next to Save that says Back to Browse and Embed.
- You'll be returned back to the Add Activity window.
The media/video you just uploaded will be at the top of the list. It will have a generic thumbnail. This is because it's still being processed in Kaltura.
Click on the blue Select button on the right side of the media/video you just uploaded.
- Your video is now in D2L. It may take a few minutes for the video to complete processing. You don't need to wait.
You can now continue with uploaded additional pre-recorded content, or other tasks. You do not need to stay logged in D2L or your computer for the video processing to complete.