Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Accounts
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Password Reset
The following outlines UW-Green Bay's password requirements.
- Passwords must be a minimum of 14 characters
- Passwords must be a mix of upper case, lower case, numbers, and special characters.
- Must be changed at least every 180 days
- Can't be any of your last 24 passwords.
- Passwords should not exceed 49 characters.
- Cannot contain any personally identifiable information, such as the user's first or last name.
IT encourages students and staff to use the Self-Service Password Reset Tool (SSPR) to enroll in our password reset system. This allows users to unlock their account or reset their password without assistance from the Service Desk. For more information on resetting your password using SSPR, visit the following page: Microsoft SSPR - Password Reset Methods
For more information on authentication methods for your account, visit the following page: Microsoft SSPR - Authentication Methods
If you are not enrolled in the password reset tool and do not know your password, please contact the GBIT Service Desk at (920) 465-2309. You will be asked to provide information so we can verify your identity. Please know the last four digits of your social security number before you call. We are unable to reset passwords via email.