Skype Calls Using Skype for Business
Follow these steps to send a Skype meeting to an attendee as well as how to set up the attendee's call. NOTE: Skype meetings can not be initiated via Outlook Web Access; user must use the full-featured Outlook desktop application.
Meeting Organizer Setup:
1) Organizer MUST be signed into "Skype for Business" in order for the "New Skype Meeting" option to work in Outlook.
2) Open the Outlook app and switch to the Outlook calendar. From the "Home" tab, select "New Skype Meeting".
3) Enter the meeting requirements, and the attendee's email address\es.
1) Attendees will find the meeting request within their email inbox. Either accept or decline the meeting and then at the appropriate time, select "Join Skype Meeting". A protected Skype site will open.
2) Once you are at the Skype site, a box will appear asking to either "Install and join with Skype Meetings App (web)" or "Join with Skype for Business (desktop)." We suggest using Skype Meetings App (web) as it is quick and has little setup required.
3) Once the download is complete, you will have to open and run the downloaded file: (Look for the Skypemeetingsapp.msi file in the lower left of your screen; right-click and select OPEN to install this file. After this, enter your name in the given field (see below) then select "Join" and you will automatically be added to the call.
NOTE: If prompted by Firewall Security to change settings, simply click on "Allow Access".
4) Set options for Video and or Audio. Muted is the best option if you are only "listening in" - this will avoid echo or unnecessary noise.