Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk
Topics Map > Instructional Technology
Exporting and Importing Contact Lists from Outlook
This document shows how to import and export Outlook contacts as an .olm file.
Directions for Exporting Contact List as an .olm file:
1. Assign your contact list a color or category.
2. Go to the Tools tab and choose Export.
3. Select the category for the contact list and export the category only as an .olm file.
4. Once the file is exported, it is ready to be sent as an attachment.
Directions for importing an .olm file:
1. Once the file is received, the recipient must import the .olm file using the Import button under Tools.
2. In the Import box, select Outlook for Mac archive file (.olm). Hit Continue.
3. Locate the .olm file and choose Import.
Note: imported items appear on the navigation panes under On My Computer, so make sure it is checked.