Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Windows OS
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Remote Support > Voice Calls
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Remote Support > Collaboration
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Departmental Support > Phone
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Communication > Jabber
Jabber - Making Ad Hoc Conference Calls From a PC (Windows 10)
This document details how to add participants to a call to create an ad hoc conference call when using the Cisco Jabber PC application.
Jabber - Setup for Windows 10
Jabber - Making Phone Calls From a PC With the Cisco Jabber Application (Windows 10)
***NOTE: You can perform up to 6-way ad hoc conference calls with the Cisco Jabber software. However, connecting large ad hoc conference calls can be time consuming and difficult to manage.***
***NOTE: For any conference calls involving more than 3 or 4 lines, it is recommended to use Conference Now instead. Navigate to the following KB for more information: Conference Now - On-Demand Conference Calls.***
Creating a Conference Call
1. Place a call to the first number from the Cisco Jabber application and wait for the line to answer.
2. To add more lines:
1. Select "More" in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
2. Select "Conference" to expand the window to include the Conference Call Control panel.
3. In the Conference Call Control panel:
1. Enter in the second number you wish to dial in the Add Participants bar.
2. Select the green call button.
***NOTE: Enter in an 8 before the number when dialing an off-campus number.***
***NOTE: New versions of Jabber do not have a call button, you instead place the call by pressing Enter on your keyboard after typing the phone number.***
***NOTE: Once the call to the second line is being placed, the first line is placed on hold. Once the second line answers, the text "Waiting to join" will appear under its number in the Conference Call Control panel.***
4. Select the Green Door button next to the line's number to connect all of the participants together in-conference.
5. Once in-conference, you can add additional users to the call by repeating steps 3-4.
6. Individual lines can be removed from the call by right clicking the line's number in the Conference Call Control panel and selecting "Remove."
7. Hang up on all lines by selecting the red End Call button in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.