Managed Print Services (MPS) for campus Network printers.
Managed print services (MPS) for faculty & staff printers.
When: Implementation Date: February 1, 2019
What: All networked printers.
Why are we moving to Managed Print Services for all network printers?
We are investing in MPS for both customer service, cost, and standardization reasons. For almost a year now, the campus has been using MPS for all student printing and staff RICOH printers. Information Technology has found the turn-around time for printer repairs to be faster and costs for maintenance and consumables;less expensive.
What are the advantages of a MPS contract:
- Cost savings of ~$17,000 per year for the campus.
- Department only pays vendor for a per page charge.
- Vendors covers the costs and replenishment of toner, fusers, etc...
- Vendor will replace any existing network printer that becomes faulty with a 'like' or 'better' model at no cost.
Are there any disadvantages of the MPS contract:
- Unfortunately the vendors will probably not cover DeskJet, Design Jets, or Office Jets.
- Consider replacing DeskJet with an approved MPS printers.
- IT will make a 'best effort' to assist with problems.
- Vendor will not give credit for toners 'on hand'. Vendor will drop ship a new toner based on "pages printed".
Basic features of the program:
- Departments will continue to stock appropriate paper for the networked printers. (other than Ricoh; the Ricoh contract includes paper at this time.)
- Departments should treat the new MPS contract much like they use Ricoh.
- Printers will be clearly labeled with the vendors phone number and specific ID assigned to each printer.
- Additional printers can be purchased through Purchasing website (IT approved printers). Information Technology will make sure new printers are added to MPS's contract.