Adding a Kaltura My Media video to D2L Discussion Posts
This article goes through the process of adding a Kaltura My Media video to a discussion post
There are two methods available to add a Kaltura My Media video to your discussion post. The first method is easiest, but due to browser updates it may not work for everyone.
- Navigate to Discussions
- Click the blue, "Start a New Thread" button in the appropriate forum
- Give your thread a subject and add any other necessary text
- Click on the Insert Stuff button in the toolbar
- Select "My Media," then click on the video you'd like to add. NOTE: if you click on the thumbnail, a tiny preview will play; click on the title or near it to actually select the video.
- Click the blue "Next" button
- Click the "Insert" button
- The video will now be included with your post. If you don't have anything else to add to your post, click "Post" to finish.
This method involves getting Embed code from Kaltura. It's more tedious, but when done correctly will always work. Directions are available here: https://uknowit.uwgb.edu/page.php?id=70855