Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Remote Support
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Accounts > Email
Outlook - Forward an Email as an Attachment
Outlook - Adding Room Calendars
Outlook - Sharing Your Calendar
Outlook - Checking Storage Space
Outlook - Configuring Out of Office Replies
Outlook - Creating Space
Outlook - Attachment and Recipient Limits
***NOTE: On occasion, it may become necessary or desirable to forward an e-mail to someone else as an attachment. In particular, faculty, staff, and students are strongly encouraged to use this method for reporting spam or phishing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Doing so provides a host of useful information about where the message came from and how it got to UWGB. Below are instructions on how to forward a message as an attachment through either the desktop version of Outlook or Outlook Web Access.***
1. Select the email you wish to forward as an attachment from the message list.
2. Select the "Home" tab.
3. In the Home Tab:
1. Select "More."
2. Select "Forward as Attachment."
4. Address the new message as desired, then select "Send."
Outlook Web Access (OWA)
1. Find the email to be forwarded in the message list.
2. Create a new email and address it as desired.
3. Without selecting it, drag and drop the message to be forwarded from the message list to the body of the new email.
4. Select "Send."