Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Accounts
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
OneDrive - OneDrive UWGB User Guide
This document outlines the uses of OneDrive and provides a few "getting started" tips.
UWGB Document Storage Best Practices
OneDrive UWGB is a cloud-based storage platform; it is UWGB's version of OneDrive for Business. OneDrive UWGB is different from OneDrive Personal, which is intended for personal storage separate from your workplace. OneDrive UWGB is also different from your SharePoint team site, which is intended for storing team (i.e. departmental) or project-related documents.
All students and faculty/staff are allotted 1 TB of storage in OneDrive UWGB. Documents and folders can be shared with other UWGB students or faculty/staff; they can also be accessed on-the-go through the OneDrive app, downloadable from Google Play and the App Store.
To use One Drive UWGB, login to the Office 365 Portal by going to https://portal.microsoftonline.com.
You will then be prompted with a Microsoft sign-In box. Enter your full UWGB email address:
To upload files or folders to OneDrive:
You can store over 300 types of files on OneDrive.
With Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome:
1. Select Upload > Files or Upload > Folder.
Create a document from OneDrive UWGB:
1. Select New, and then choose the type of document you want to create.
Create and save a document from an Office desktop application:
1. Create your document using File > New. When you're ready to save, click File > Save As > OneDrive UWGB.
2. Give the file a name and click Save.
1. Pick the file or folder you want to share. You may pick multiple items and share them together.
2. Select Share.
3. Select one of the following options: