Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Multi-Factor Authentication
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications > Microsoft Office
Multi-Factor Authentication for Student Office 365 and Email
This document will guide you through the steps to setup Microsoft Authentication for Office 365 and email for student accounts.
1. Go to www.uwgb.edu and click on email at the top of the screen.
2. Log in using your full UWGB email address and password.
3. Once you are logged in, click on "Discover groups" in the lower left hand corner, under the "Groups" tab.
4. After you click on "Discover groups," type in "StudentMFA" into the search box. Then click the "Join" button. Once it says "Joined group" you can close out of the Discover groups box.
5. Log out of your email by clicking on your initials on the upper right corner and then click Sign out.
6. Then log back into your email and a page should come up that says Additional Information Required. Click Next.
7. Choose either Authentication phone to receive MFA (Multi-factor Authentication) codes via text message or choose mobile app to receive a notification to your smart phone via Microsoft Authentication app.
a. For Authentication Phone, i.e. SMS text messages with a MFA 6 digit code, enter your mobile phone number.
b. For Mobile App, Download the Microsoft Authentication app from your app store. Then open the app, click Add Account, choose work or school, and then scan the QR code. For steps on how to set up the Microsoft Authentication app, please use this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/user-help/multi-factor-authentication-setup-auth-app
8. Click next in the additional verification screen.
9. Finally, fill in the information for an additional recovery phone.