Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Windows OS
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support > Voice Calls
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support > Collaboration
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Departmental Support > Phone
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Communication > Jabber
Cisco Jabber Workstation Client Setup and Use for Windows 10
This document outlines the setup and use of Cisco Jabber for Windows 10.
1. The Cisco Jabber workstation client is available on SharePoint. This can be accessed both on and off campus. For those off campus, it will require you to be logged into Office 365. Highlight the button next to “CiscoJabberSetup12.8.0.msi” and then click “Download.”
2. Navigate to the downloaded file location and open/run “CiscoJabberSetup12.8.0."
3. Click “Accept and Install” when prompted.
4. Click “yes” if prompted whether you will allow the Cisco Jabber application to make changes to your device.
5. Click “Finish.”
6. Open the Jabber client. If this is the initial installation, it will open automatically; otherwise, find the icon on your desktop. At the following screen, add your UWGB login credentials and click “Sign in.”
7. Cisco Jabber will open. Click though any application “tips” that pop up.
8. Jabber defaults to placing calls from your office phone, so, in order to place calls from your computer, you must click the Call Settings icon in the lower-right corner of the calls list and change the device for calls to "Use my computer."
There are multiple buttons along the left side of the window. In this instance we’re looking at the “Calls” section. From here you can enter a number in the “search or call” text box at the top of the window and hit ENTER to dial. You can dial as if you were using your Cisco phone in the office, including extensions.