Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support
RescueAssist - Connecting as a Customer (macOS Catalina)
This article outlines how to connect to the Help Desk through RescueAssist. You must be sent an invitation from the Help Desk so, if you require this type of support, please call (920) 465-2309 or email email@example.com.
RescueAssist - Connecting as a Customer
1. Select the link sent to you by the Help Desk or go to fastsupport.gotoassist.com. Fill in your name and the support key provided by the Help Desk.
- If it's your first time joining a session, you will be prompted to download the GoToAssist Opener "helper" application. Once installed, the GoToAssist Customer application will launch, and you will be joined with the agent in a support session.
- If you've joined a session before and have previously installed the GoToAssist Opener "helper" application, the GoToAssist Customer application will launch you directly into a support session with the agent.
2. In the top left corner of the desktop, select the Apple icon.
3. Select System Preferences.
4. Select Security & Privacy.
5. Select the Privacy tab.
6. Select Unlock, and enter your credentials.
7. Make the following changes:
- In the left side bar, select Accessibility, and make sure the GoToAssistRemoteSupport box is checked:
b. In the left side bar, select Screen Recording, and make sure the GoToAssistRemoteSupport box is checked:
d. End-users on Catalina 10.15.2 need to also perform the following additional setting: System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access > GoToAssistRemoteSupport
8. Select the Lock icon to prevent any further changes. Your settings are saved automatically.
Once you have joined a support session, you are prompted to share your screen with the agent and allow them to remotely control your keyboard and mouse. You can choose Stop Screen Sharing on the GoToAssist Customer toolbar to stop screen sharing and remote control at any time.