Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Password Reset
Microsoft SSPR - Authentication Methods
This article outlines how to add verification methods to the Microsoft SSPR.
To add your authentication methods, follow the following link: https://aka.ms/ssprsetup
1. Log in with your UWGB email.
2. Log in with your UWGB password.
3. You will see the screen below. Choose which method(s) you would like to employ and select the Set it up now next to that method.
1. To add your phone, first select the country or region. Then, add your phone number without using spaces or hyphens (e.g. 8881234567). Do not include a 1 prior to your area code; this is done for you when you select your country or region.
2. When you have entered your information, select text me or call me, whichever you prefer. The button will be blue if you have entered your information using the correct format.
3. When you have received the verification code, enter it in the field provided. Select Verify when you are finished.
Note: For most students, this is prefilled from your application. If your phone number was filled instead, use the below instructions to add your alternate email.
1. Enter your alternate email address in the field provided. Select Email me when the button turns blue. If the button has not turned blue, Microsoft does not recognize the format of your email address. Ensure there are no spaces at the beginning or ending of your email.
2. Once you receive the verification code from Microsoft, enter it into the field provided. Select Verify once you have entered the code.
Update Methods or Complete Registration
Once you have entered verification methods, you will see the screen below.
To finish, select Finish.
To update your authentication methods at any time, follow the link at the top of this article (https://aka.ms/ssprsetup). Once you log in, you should be taken to the screen above. Simply select Change next to the authentication method and enter your information. Go through the steps outlined above and select Finish when completed.